Sunday, April 11, 2010

What are little boys made of?

What are little boys made of?
Frogs and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails,
That's what little boys are made of.
You better add rattle snakes to that as well, and here is the proof.
On Easter my family had gathered together at my brother's home in Kennewick Wa. I was thinking it would be a nice relaxing visit with family catching up and reminiscing about fun things we had done as kids. (one of our favorite things to do) That was abruptly cut short when our boys came back from their walk with a dead rattle snake in tow.
We were quickly informed of the exciting events that had just taken place.
While on their walk, the boys were stopped short by a sound that they had thought was a hissing sound. Upon further investigation they realized it was not a hissing sound, but a rattling sound that was coming from this snake that was only a 3-4 feet away from them.
Cameron & Dawson (apparently the only ones with any brains) immediately took off and put some distance between themselves and the snake. Colby and Evan however took aim at the rattler and opened fire. And in a hail of bb's that rattler drew its last breath.
Needless to say, as this story unfolded I was hyperventilating at the thought of my little boys facing such dangers. Their dad on the other hand thought it was the coolest thing ever.
And I wonder why I have to color my hair every 6-8 weeks.

7 comments:

Arlene said...

That would have scared me too. I don't think I would've let them out of my sight from then on. Typical guy to think it was cool instead of frightening. Hope you don't get any grey hairs over that one.

Taryn said...

wow you postd again :) yeahh! you have been up to a lot. christmas pics..cute excited faces..and I so anticipate christmas too.

the concrete floor is beautiful! good work ryan!

and spring break at the beach..man...that sounds nice.

As for the running stuff...seriously I can't figure out why people like to run....it makes me wanna puke thinking about it..little alone actually doing it :) People who like to run, are tough, I'm a pansie :)

Arianne said...

I love it!! My Evan would of messed with it too!! Crazy boys!

SunnyD said...

Oh. My.

Just...oh, my.

Dane said...

LOL! You're so funny and go-with-the-flow I'd never know you'd need to color your hair!

Unknown said...

I agree with you, it is really good!
Nike NFL Jerseys

Wholesale NFL Jerseys

NFL Jerseys china

Unknown said...

(one of our favorite things to do) That was abruptly cut short when our boys came back from their walk with a dead rattle snake in tow.
We were quickly informed of the exciting events that had just taken place.
Gold für WOW
Gold für World of Warcraft