Friday, January 23, 2009

I've Lost My Marbles!

I knew that it has been coming for a long time now, but I just thought it would have come on a little more gradual. Not full blow insanity in a matter of minutes.

It all started last summer. My friend Jodi tried to convince me to run with her in a best friend’s half marathon. Back then I was still sane enough to laugh at her and tell her she could forget it. Yesterday morning I was checking my e-mails. I received an e-mail from Jodi and there was the notice that the registration for the Best Friends half Marathon was coming up. I’m not sure what happened, but at that moment I blacked out. Before I knew I had responded “Let’s do it” and had hit the send key.

After regaining my wits about me I spent a moment or two hyperventilating and then decided that this was going to be great. I am sometimes the kind of person who needs to be motivated to accomplish something. I have been wanting to start running again and there is nothing like a pending ½ marathon in your future to motivate a girl to get moving.

So I need all of your help. I figure if I tell everyone that I am going to do this, I will be even that much more motivated to accomplish this.

Wish me luck!!!!! Oh and if you see me lying on the side of the road-call 911.



Thanks Jodi I owe you one.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey...where are you going to run/train?? I would totally love to train for a HALF marathon..but I need the motivation..or someone to promise that I'll meet them so I HAVE to show up!!

Jodi said...

Can't wait, girlfriend! Oh, and did you REALLY have to post a yucky camping/post run picture of me?

Lolli said...

Good luck. I'll wave as I pass you in my car while you are traning. I'll roll down my window and yell some encouraging words. I'm impressed!!

Unknown said...

you go girl! my favorite web site for training is halhigdon.com, i think if i can lose mu extra 30 pounds im gonna have to do that one next year!

Unknown said...

darn-it i'm signed in as allen again!
Lydia

Arianne said...

Good for you!!! I wish I was motivated like that!! Good luck!!!

SunnyD said...

Um...I don't ever want to run any fraction of a marathon but hurray for you!!! :) Make sure your sweet friend Jodi gets a sweaty picture afterwards for the blog! :)