Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It Sounded Like A Good Idea At The Time!

So Saturday afternoon Ryan and I decided that we would start a project that we had purchased the materials for quite some time ago. We decided we would cut a hole in the ceiling and install one of those retracting ladders, so that we can access the space in our attic. It sounded like a good idea at the time.

Let me tell you, it did not seam like a good idea at 8:30 that evening when we were only half finished. We ended up having to finish it on Monday afternoon. Don’t get me wrong, it felt awesome to get it in and done but it was a royal pain.

I would have to say I did learn a couple of things from this little venture, and that would be 1.) Take the completion time line they give you on the box and double it. 2.) Don’t start a project requiring power tools after 2:30pm.

What have we done!



Power tools after 6pm. Not good!

Whatcha-doin?

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I love the last picture! :)

Arianne said...

It must be nice to have a handyman in the house!! Howard may be all kinds of wonderful things, but a handyman is not one of them!! (he did put up a curtain rod last night!!) You both are very brave!! And you both should be very proud of yourselves!!

Jodi said...

HA HA HA HO HO HA HA HEE HEE HEE!!!That look on Ryan's face is priceless. Especially knowing how he feels about assembling things with instructions. But seriously, sister, I feel your pain. Been there. Doing that as we speak. It's not a pretty picture at our house either.

Mom said...

Such do it yourselfers. Heather remember when you and I spackled the basement at the farm? I always just tell myself "It can't look any worse when I finish than it did before I started" Then I just tear hell out of it and let your dad put it back together.