Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Girlfriends 1/2 Marathon

As many of you know, I participated in my first 1/2 marathon in October. I allowed peer pressure to get the best of me and I regretfully paid $60 to run 13.1 miles without any good reason what so ever. I guess that is not totally true, I got to spend the day with my good friend Jodi Wrathall (my peer who pressured me). I however would have rather spend that day at the mall or something. The upside to all of it is that not everyone can say they ran a 1/2 marathon.

The marathon was called the Girlfriends 1/2 Marathon and it was in Vancouver Wa. There were 1,500 competitors and we finished in the 640th place range. We were hoping for better, but at about mile 10, we got over it.
The event was awesome and it was a blast to be with that many women who love running like we do.

We look so chipper!!

That's more like it!! Can you say 13.1 miles!!!!


After a shower and a massage...

3 comments:

lydia moyer said...

way to go! now you know you can do anything you really want to do! and buy the way it looks like your flashing us in the picture with your numbers:)

Arianne said...

You are so cool! I wish I could be just like you someday!!

Amanda said...

Way to go!! seriously, you're my hero!! And I'm glad that you treated yourself to a massage afterwards!!